Bereavements - 2021
Bereavements - 2021
Salvation Army officers and other personnel who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
• Major Nigel Roden’s mother Lenore Roden (nee’ Hambly) passed away peacefully and comfortably after a sudden medical complication on Saturday afternoon, 27 March. She was surrounded by her family and they were able to spend time with her over her final days. She will be deeply missed by her husband Frank, sons Nigel and Simon and their families. A Celebration Service for the life of Lenore, conducted by Captain BJ Molder, was held at The Salvation Army Capricorn Region Corps on Monday 5 April.
• Thoughts and prayers are with Captains Bronwyn and Ashley Barkmeyer and Cadet Peter Hardy on the promotion to glory of their father, father-in-law and grandfather, Brother (Walter) Kevin Corkett on Saturday 6 March 2021. Kevin was born into a Salvation Army family and was a committed soldier who is remembered for his love for God and his family. Kevin was known for his humble and faithful service to his Father. Prayers would be appreciated for Kevin’s wife, Marie, his four children Narelle Kuiper, Stephen Corkett, Bronwyn Barkmeyer (Captain) and Bradley Corkett along with their families including 11 (soon to be 12) grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Thoughts and prayers are with Brigadier Dorothy Smyth, Aux Captains Ron and Margaret Stephens, and Major Mel Stephens on the promotion to glory of their brother in law, Bill Isberg, on Sunday 10 January 2020. Bill was also Uncle to Territorial Envoys Danni and Craig Stephens. Prayers would be appreciated for Bill’s wife Jean and daughters Deborah (Debbie) Tweedie, Sharron Isberg and Julianne Winchester and their families including five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• Kenneth Norman Palmer was unexpectedly promoted to glory in Canberra on 13 January 2021. Your prayers for his wife Mavis and children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren would be appreciated. A celebration of Ken’s life was held at the Tuggeranong Corps. Ken was the much-loved father of Major Vicki Clarke and grandfather of Lieutenant Jacqueline Gluyas.
• Major Denice Strong is bereaved of her brother, Ivan Ardrey from melanoma cancer. Ivan passed away on 11 January 2021. Our love, sympathy and prayers are with Denice, her family and friends at this tender time.
• Colonel Karyn Rigley was bereaved of her mother, Sister Grace Joy Whitehead, on 10 January 2021. The funeral, conducted by Colonel Graeme Rigley, was held on Thursday 14 January, at Arndale Salvation Army.
• Our thoughts and prayers are with Major Andrew Craib on the passing of his father, William Craib, at Albany, Western Australia on 3 January 2021. A celebration of William’s life was held on Friday 22 January, at The Salvation Army, Albany Corps. Our prayer for Andrew & Sandy and the family is that they might know the peace of God which passes all understanding.
• Major Jennifer Cloke was bereaved of her brother, Graham Hannan, on Sunday 3 January 2021. A funeral service for Graham, prepared by Jennifer, will be conducted and live-streamed for the family in Victoria. Our sympathy and prayers are with Jennifer, Graham’s wife Julie and extended family and friends at this time.